Director , Global Logistics
Job Location: MA or Remote Northeast US
Position : Director , Global Logistics
Location: MA or Remote Northeast US
Our Client is a pre IPO healthcare technology and diagnostics company that makes routine testing convenient by enabling access to care where people live, work, study and shop. They refer to our approach to the testing market as ‘Everywhere Care’ and they aim to solve the challenges of the traditional testing paradigms by offering enterprises and individuals decentralized, patient centric care solutions that broaden access to, and enable more stream lined delivery of diagnostic testing.
They offer two distinct platforms through its omnichannel platform: a proprietary molecular point of care diagnostic testing platform, the first chlamydia and gonorrhea test with FDA 510(k) clearance and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments, or CLIA, waiver; and a physician mediated platform that combines at home sample collection for sexually transmitted infections and COVID 19, customizable and embedded software and data solutions, and high quality molecular diagnostic testing performed by our network of third party laboratory partners.
Reporting to the Chief Product Supply Officer, the Director, Global Logistics is responsible for both short term tactical plan achievement as well as establishing a global logistics strategy and leading the implementation of a scalable global procurement, planning, logistics and fulfillment functions for binx health .
This position serves as a key member of the operations team and will also be responsible for supporting all critical supply chain initiatives by employing best practices , effective systems and strategies, and ensuring effective implementation and timely execution of the above across the company. Functions within scope are purchasing, planning, inventory management, logistics and supplier management including effective oversite of all 3PL partners. This role will help develop and support a cost effective operation staying within budgetary guidelines, while building and organization that enables company growth
- Responsible for leading and managing all of the following functions: Kitting, Shipping and Receiving, warehouse management procurement, distribution & fulfillment
- Develop and implement supply planning processes and procedures to ensure flawless control of Logistics. Specifically, operate to manage receipts, production orders, sales orders, cycle counts, inventory accuracy and inventory transactions
- Help prepare and review as needed, plans for NPI and commercial launch considering the commercial demand, QA, production, packaging and labeling requirements
- Develop, visualize and act on Key Performance Indicators and metrics relative to the department
- Recruit, retain, and develop best in class Order Fulfillment, global distribution and logistics services.
- Manage third party distribution performances including contract and communication
- Build strong collaborations and partnerships with all the various stakeholder leaders including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, Quality and R&D
- Direction and overall management of all global planning, sourcing and procurement, logistics and warehouse supply chain operations.
- Develop global, multiplatform supply chain strategy that supports the company ’s aggressive growth strategies , performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Identify and implement best in class technology and infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business along with disciplines that underlie a supply chain operation.
- Develop, implement, execute and maintain an effective and timely SIOP/ S&OP process
- Develop global implementation of distribution best practices such as systems integration and optimization, inventory control, and SKU optimization.
- Leads management routines to monitor core supply chain performance, including delivering against product and service level agreements and cost objectives with
increasing visibility and effectiveness as well as support growth through best practices.
- Develop, implement and execute a standardized process for logistics and ensuring compliance with global shipping; ensures handling of products complies with all regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Manage contracts for 3PL warehouses and all types of freight globally. Responsible for all key performance indicators for 3PL partners safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Builds, directs, manages and leads a team to ensure speed, dependability and efficiency in procurement, planning and logistics operations.
- Standardize continuous improvement and best practice implementation for global processes.
- Ensures capacity is continually available across the network.
- Direct development of standards and procedures in anticipation of meeting regulatory requirements domestically and internationally regarding distribution, warehousing and import/export requirements.
- Responsible for strategy, direction and management of supply chain processes and procedures with domestic and international distribution partner(s).
- Establish objectives for all functions to ensure conformity to company and industry standards (GMP, QSR, ISO).
- Lead supply chain activities across the company in connection with product introduction and discontinuation to ensure smooth and effective program execution, minimizing obsolescence while ensuring product availability. Responsible for all component end of life planning
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Engineering, Finance, Science or Business with 10+ years of experience in management and performance of Logistics operations in a high tech and
fast paced environment (Medical Device or Diagnostics background preferred).
- Strong experience with utilizing enterprise resource planning systems . Experience with SAP or SAPByD preferred
- Experience & understanding of regulations and standards affecting medical devices (FDAQSR/ISO 13485). Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution across a variety of product lines from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes . Stays current on best practices.
- A high degree of business judgment, interpersonal and communication skills with multiple functions, business units and external partners and customers is required to successfully perform in this role.
- Operates with limited supervision in autonomous role to transform the current business supply chain model, driving performance and efficiency in end to end supply chains.
- Available to travel globally as needed
- Experience with launching productions globally and an understanding of Logistics regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience of managing teams spread across diverse geographic locations and different production workflows, in an ISO 13485, ROU and FDA GMP environment
- Be customer focused with high integrity and transparency
- Demonstrated excellence at both strategy and execution
- Understanding and competence with ERP systems, including awareness of Microsoft Navision