Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Job Location: Boston, MA or Remote
Position: Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Location: Boston, MA or Remote
Our client is a well-funded and rapidly growing clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel classes of medicines to treat neurodegenerative diseases, located in Kendall Square, Cambridge MA.
The Senior Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry will be primarily responsible for the design and synthesis of novel small molecules to advance projects through lead ID and lead optimization. In this role, they will be required to manage external resources to deliver on synthetic and analytical tasks and will also work collaboratively with our scientific team and partners in the US and Asia.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated a high level of proficiency in modern synthetic organic / medicinal chemistry as applied to drug discovery and lead optimization. They will work as part of the Medicinal Chemistry team and will be responsible for designing and managing the synthesis of novel compounds to rapidly advance projects to IND filing. For project centric activities, data and progress review, the role will involve close interaction with the Discovery, Biology, and Pharmacology teams.
- Manage chemistry at external contract research organizations (CROs) including establishing and maintaining a good relationship, development of detailed chemistry plans, project tracking, data and compound management, critical evaluation of results and analytical data and troubleshooting synthetic issues.
- Prepare reports and contribute to drafting and reviewing patent filings
- Serve on internal global project teams. Communicate with project team, colleagues and partners effectively and work well with others to meet experimental and organizational goals
- Present the results of independently conducted research effectively in oral or written form to line manager and project team members
Key skills & competencies:
- PhD with demonstrable industry or academic experience, or MS with significant industry experience in contemporary medicinal chemistry. • Experience in the design and synthesis of small molecules in preclinical drug discovery programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing external (CRO) resources to accomplish project tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently, flexibly and reliably, prioritizing accordingly to the company objectives
- Team player who collaborates and communicates effectively while working remotely. Comfort sharing knowledge with wider company team and, as appropriate, report work to the scientific or industry community.
- Innovative, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, global small-company environment.