US Director, Business Development
Job Location: Remote- US (East Coast preference)
Position: US Director, Business Development
Location: Remote- US (East Coast preference)
Our Client is a fast-growing medical imaging technology company, providing advanced analytics to the global clinical trials market. Established in 2004 and listed as a public company in 2013, they have established themselves as a trusted partner to the global life sciences industry, helping develop new therapies for neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disease.
They focus on neuroscience, with a purpose to advance human health by turning data into clinically valuable insights, helping clients reduce clinical development risk and improve return on investment. They achieve this by deploying breakthrough data analytics through an Artificial Intelligence-led technology platform, with an integrated service covering every stage of clinical development through to post-marketing surveillance.
We are assisting them identifying a top flight Business Development Director – US. This role can be remotely based anywhere in US – East Coast preference
Purpose of the Role
Secure and expand volume of profitable new business contracts. Directs and executes the creation of annual, global/international Strategic Account Plans to maximize profitable sales, maintain high client satisfaction, and bring value to customers.
Other responsibilities include keeping abreast of relevant industry news, maintaining the company’s CRM for your territory to allow for accurate reporting. Territory will include Pharma, Biotech, CRO and academic institutions in the Americas with a focus on clinical pipelines in neuroscience. Specific geographical territory may be subject to change but for first year it will be approximately 50% of the Americas, including areas within East Coast, Midwest and West Coast of USA and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the processing of NDAs/CDAs, RFPs and RFIs (supported by our proposal and contracts team).
- Provide strategic direction and input in new business proposals.
- Lead bid defense planning and team mentoring for ongoing opportunities.
- Work closely with SVP Commercial to ensure continued prioritization of best prospects and monitoring of progress against KPIs.
- Develop existing key accounts through continuous outreach, governance meetings, ad hoc face-to-face/virtual meetings, RFPs and bid defense meetings. Build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders.
- Calling on prospective clients and scheduling face-to-face meetings to open new business development opportunities.
- Maintain and manage SalesForce.com database with all sales activity, ensuring all data is accurate, relevant, and always up to date.
- Research accounts and identify new opportunities for monitoring clinical pipeline/molecule developments and relevant communication/press.
- Collaborate with the operations and management team to prepare for client meetings.
- Develop account plans for key customers and prospects to include a sales methodology and strategy for increasing account penetration.
- Learn messaging around IXICO differentiators and be able to effectively communicate them to clients and other external markets.
- Attend industry conferences and actively seek opportunities for IXICO to be represented as thought-leaders.
- RFI response leadership and coordination for assigned accounts (with support of internal team).
Qualifications and skills required for the role:
- Consultative selling experience within CRO, Life science tech, Biomarker or ancillary industries required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in business development in life science B-to-B company related to clinical trials.
- Proven ability to learn and position clinical trial solutions.
- Degree or international equivalent, preferably in a health sciences or business discipline from an accredited institution, or equivalent experience.
- Experience selling solutions into relevant sectors (e.g., CRO/Pharmaceutical/Biotech).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with maintaining and managing a customer relationship database (CRM). Salesforce.com experience preferable.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate tenacity, resilience proactivity, and initiative.
- Thorough knowledge of the proposal process.
- Effective stakeholder management, both internally and externally.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to persuade others to act.
- Experience with clinical trials and drug development processes.
- Ability to work from home with occasional visits to IXICO offices (frequency dependent on proximity to office).
- Ability and availability to travel as needed up to 40% on average of each month (assuming no pandemic restrictions).
- Competitive remuneration package including benchmarked salaries.
- Staff Annual Bonus Plans and Annual Salary Review.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Life Assurance of 4x annual salary.
- Engaging and social environment, with fundraising and sporting activities and seasonal events such as Summer and Christmas parties.
- Wellbeing initiatives such as Mental Health Awareness Training.
- Employee Assistance Program offering advice and support on a wide range of topics.
- Reimbursement allowance to purchase equipment to support working from home.
- Generous employee referral scheme offering for referring a successful candidate to the company.
- Financial assistance for professional qualifications.
- A company in an industry where your work has an impact every single day.